A rain sensor in which a relay connects if the completely insulated sensor plate gets wet (e.g. raindrops). In contrast to rain detectors with a metallic sensor, this sensor functions capacitively. That means it also switches when getting into contact with distilled water (completely clean rain). Skylights may then be closed with it, canvas blinds may be pulled in or rain is just indicated. 2 installed LEDs indicate the function and the sensitivity is adjustable.
- Operating voltage: 12V/DC
- Current consumption maximum: Approx. 130mA
- Relay contact: 1x ON, maximum load 25V / 2.5A
- Sensor heating: Automatically in case of contact with rain
- Light-emitting diode 1: Indication that the rain sensor works
- Light-emitting diode 2: Indication that rain is reported and the relay has switched on
- Duty cycle of the relay: As long as the sensor is wet
- Sensitivity is adjustable
- Active sensor surface: Approx. 26x32mm
- Overall dimensions: Approx. 65x45x36mm
A reliable rain sensor module that can be used as a rain sensor, a snow sensor or an ice sensor. This rain sensor module is fully encapsulated and waterproof. The rain sensor also has an in built power relay that can be used for switching external applications.